Alliance Consulting offers a variety of education workshops and seminars. An educator's lot is not an easy one.
Today's teachers are not only expected to impart learning to their students, they often act as mentors,
surrogate parents, counselors and mediators.
Most teachers are very effective in not only educating their students, but also in helping students to feel
good about themselves. Yet, the demands of today's students present very complex needs that require teachers
to have a wide range of techniques and skills to respond to their students' social and emotional needs.
Education Workshops Focus on Effective Communication
Alliance Consulting provides education workshops to support the development of effective communication
skills in a variety of situations.
Education Workshop Opportunities
- "You're the Only One I Can Talk To..." - When a Student Shares a Problem: How to Intervene and Mentor Effectively
- The Impact of Trauma on Learning and Behavior
- How Socio-Economic Levels Impact Communication and Behavior
- Are You Trying to Annoy Me on Purpose? Understanding Different Adult and Child Personality Preferences
- Effective Meetings with Parents
- Facilitating Effective Special Education Meetings
- Effective Conflict Management Skills for Educators
- Living on Purpose: A Stress Management Program for Educators
- "Stop Stinking Thinking" How What We Think Effects How We Feel and What We Achieve
Your school's or staff's unique needs can determine how these workshops can be customized.
Parent or Community Education Opportunities
In addition, if you seek parent and/or community involvement, you may wish to inquire about speaking engagements
for Parent/Teacher Organizations or other community outreach programs.
The following is a sample of the wide range of topics in Alliance Consulting's education workshops:
- Building Student Self-Esteem
- Positive Discipline
- Am I Too Young for Stress: Teaching Children How To Manage Stress Effectively
- Am I Expecting Too Much or Too Little from My Child?
Again, all workshops can be tailored to the unique needs of your school or community. We design our workshops
to help teachers maintain a positive attitude, improve their performance and help avoid teacher "burn-out".
If you have a need not included in the workshop titles listed above, be sure to contact us and inquire to see
if we can meet your need.
All CEU accredited, these education workshops have been presented to employees of many New Hampshire SAUs.
Many teachers new to the profession leave within the first three years. Attrition rates are less where school
districts provide a mentor for the teacher new to education and/or new to the school district. Our mentoring
workshops address the following areas:
- The Role of the Mentor ("I am not a supervisor or an evaluator")
- The Essential Skills of an Effective Mentor
- Observing and Reflective Practice
- Identifying and Meeting the Specific Needs of a New Teacher
- The First Three Months Are the Most Important: What Needs to Happen
- Ethical and Professional Challenges of a Mentor
Mentoring workshops are generally one to two days. The formats can be flexible in design and can be structured
as half-day "mini" workshops or an ongoing education workshop series.
Contact Alliance Consulting for Education Workshops.
Copyright © 2006, 2009 Alliance Consulting, All Rights Reserved